Sunday 12 January 2014

Wedding Invite DIY

Last year I was maid of honour for my best friend, the day was magical and I was happy to assist her in the preparations in the run up to the special day.  One of my jobs was making the invitations.  We took a trip to our local hobbycraft and began the search for the perfect materials. 

We took a swatch of the bridesmaid dress material and found a near perfect match for both the card insert and the ribbon.  Next up was thinking about the design, we decided on something simple yet effective and I began cutting and scoring (so much fun!)  

Work in progress


I didn't take lots of pictures of the finished invites I kind of got lost in the moment when making but the bride and groom were very happy with the finished results.  I used a heart die cutter for the detailing and later on we added printed text to the card insert for all the important information.  

Have you got any weddings coming up this year or are you getting married yourself?What do you think? 

Laura xxx 



No comments:

Post a Comment