Wednesday 7 November 2012

Handmade Christmas


After flicking through the usual high street christmas catalogues to begin my christmas shopping this year, I have to say I am a little bored of looking at the same old things. So I have made the decision I am having a 100% Handmade christmas. I quite often make a lot of christmas gifts for friends and family and they absolutely love the thought and care that goes into each piece I make.

I have to admit I do dart around the high street amongst all the chaos of the christmas shoppers to get the odd few bits and pieces. But I have been inspired this year since opening my shop in Mr Birds Emporium in the custard factory to buy more handmade and vintage. Working alongside so many other creative people daily now has made me realise how much thought and effort goes into each thing that they make and how having customers purchase there work puts a smile on there faces and pennies in their pockets to keep up the good work. 

Over the next few weeks I will be doing a lot of research into affordable handmade and vintage gifts and keeping you posted with unique christmas gift ideas.

I would post my purchases on here to but think I should keep what I buy under wraps I don't ruin the surprise for family and friends but will be posting pictures of them with there happy faces and gifts on christmas day :)

2 comments:

  1. i think this is such a good idea & something i'm going to try and do this year. I handmake natural, un-bleached face cloths and have just brought out a special xmas edition :) http://moonie.bigcartel.com/product/christmas-moonie-gift x

    ReplyDelete