Sunday 10 June 2012

Laura Loves .... Marina & The Diamonds

"Primadonna girl, yeah.  All I ever wanted was the world."

Marina - Very Marie Antoinette
Whilst  in my workspace I have been listening to lots of Marina and the Diamonds.  Her first album 'The Family Jewels' is a regular in my car cd player and on my ipod and more recently I have had 'Primadonna' on repeat, it is my current favourite on the new album Electra Heart mainly because it is so catchy!

Marina's Latest Album - Electra Heart
I also love Marina's style, I watched her recently on Channel 4's Sunday Brunch, her style was reminiscent of a 50's housewife with a hint of Marie Antoinette.  

Loving the classic styling and simple accessories.
I also loves Marina's recent outfit choice for the 2012 NME awards.  Her dress is classic and very pretty and I like the simple accessories she wore with the outfit.  I am currently designing ranges ready for Autumn and Winter and at the moment classic styles such as the 50's housewife will be featuring heavily so expect lots of florals, accessories and much more.  

Have you listened to Electra Heart? What are your favourite tracks? Do you like her style?  Do you have any ideas for Autumn/Winter ranges?   I would love to hear your thoughts.  

Laura xxx







5 comments:

  1. I love Marina's first album, I haven't had a chance to get her new one though I will soon.
    I do love her 50's style, the only thing that bothers me is her roots hair...looks so unpolished compared to her style! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The roots don't really go with the rest but I suppose it gives people something to talk about, I love the shade of her hair I dont think I would be brave enough to dye mine as I would probably have the root problem too, thanks for taking the time to read my blog xx

      Delete
  2. Marina always looks so polished, she's a style inspiration! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am defiantly loving her choices at the moment, the 50's style is one of my favourite. Thank you for taking the time to come over and read my blog x

      Delete