Tuesday 26 June 2012

Lily Greenwood

Whilst at the fair in Blackpool the work of Lily Greenwood really caught my eye so I thought I would share some of her fabulous work with you.  I bought 3 small postcards from the stall and I have taken her contact details as her larger pieces of work are simply stunning and I would really like to purchase a piece of her original artwork in the future.  Lily paints under her grandmother's name, her name is Liz although she does not mind being called either.  I only had a quick chat with her on Sunday and she was really friendly and approachable.  
Lily uses mixed media in her designs and on her website she explains that she predominately uses acyrlic on canvas although she often combines inks, watercolours, pastels and collage.  

I was particularly drawn to the art because it is based on nature and a lot of the work features butterflies, flowers and birds which is right up my street.  When I got home from the fair I got straight online to look at Lily's website which is really informative.  It also has links to her Facebook page and Etsy and Folksy shops.  Lily has a studio/shop in Manchester's Craft and Design Centre which is based in the Northern Quarter.


I have posted a few of my favourite designs below, my personal favourites are the butterfly images, I love the detail that Lily has added into each one.  

One of the postcard designs I purchased. 
I love the contrasting colours in this painting.

I love this Kimono inspired design.

Make sure you pop over and have a look on her website and take a look yourself.  

Laura xxx












* All images copied from www.lilygreenwood.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award just check out my blog...
    www.imitationisthegreatestformofflattery.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya I will pop over and take a look, thank you xxx

      Delete